Approx. Rs 75,000 / PieceGet Latest Price
|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Piece|
|Insulation class||Class H|
Automatic Float Cum Charger For Monitoring Starter Battery Of DG Sets & Fire Fighting.
You might have always felt that there is a need for an external Float cum Boost Charger for the Starter Battery of the DG Set. Even though the Dynamo coupled to the DG Set is meant for keeping the starter Battery in charged condition, the same is not normally effective. Because the battery can get charged through the dynamo, only when the dg set works for some time. Since usually the DG Set is not in operation for many days, the dynamo is not effective to keep the Battery in charged condition. As a result, the state of Charge of the Battery Set goes down and down every day and ultimately when the DG set has to started, there will be no sufficient energy in the Battery for starting the DG Set.
It is for this reason. There is always a need of an external Float cum Boost charger. Which will keep the Battery Float charged or Boost charged. Depending upon the requirement of the Battery
The following are the essential functional requirements of the External Float cum Boost Charger that monitors the state of charges of the Starter Battery of a DG Set.
1. The main function of the External Float cum Boost Charger is to keep the already charged Battery in fully charged condition, by compensating the continuous internal Losses taking place in the Battery; this will ensure Battery to be in a fully charged and healthy condition. to be able to provide the full power for starting the DG Set, whenever called for.
2. The second requirement of the external Float Charger is that it should changeover automatically from Float mode of Boost mode. Whenever the battery is down and upon boost charging the battery. The charger should return automatically to the Float mode. This automatic changeover from Float to Boost and vice versa, not only eliminates any Manual attention to Battery, but it also ensures the Battery to be in a full state of charge all the time.
3. The Float cum Boost Charger should be necessarily be an SCR Controlled Charger having DC Output stabilization of +1% in both Float and Boost mode, so that even if the AC mains input Voltage goes up or down, the DC Output Voltage of the Charger will remain stabilized within ±1%, eliminating any fear of Undercharging or Overcharging of the Batteries, that can caused due to AC Mains Voltage Fluctuation. A Manually controlled Charger without DC Output Voltage Stabilization is as good as not having the External Charger.
4. The Floating Voltage is set at 2.20 V Per Cell i.e. 26.4 V For The 24 V Battery and the Boost Charge Voltage is a Constant Voltage of 2.40 V Per Cell i.e. 28.8 V for the 24 V Battery.
5. In the Boost mode, the maximum charging current is Limited to 6 Amps. In case of DC Set using a 24 V 180 AH Battery with 2 Nos. of 12 V 180 AH Batteries in series. In case of higher rating DG Set, where an effective 24 V 360 AH Battery is used with 4 Nos. of 12V 180 AH Batteries in series / Parallel, than the maximum Boost Charging Current will limited to 12 Amps.
These Boost charging currents are the safe and the practical values.